VPS stands for Virtual Private Server and is a new form of web hosting that has gained popularity in the very recent times. One of the easiest and the best way to describe VPS hosting is to call it a combination of dedicated hosting and shared hosting. This often confuses individuals whether they should buy VPS or not.
We help you make the decision by taking a closer look at some of the benefits of VPS Hosting.
Benefits of VPS Hosting
- VPS hosting is less expensive than a complete dedicated hosting plan which also makes use of a physical server.
- Most of the VPS plans can be customized to meet the requirements of the customers. This means there are no unnecessary features and thus, no unnecessary costs.
- For most of the issues, the clients can use the same technical staff as they have been using with shared hosting.
- Most of the VPS hosting plans are scalable. This means that the user can start with the minimum required resources and then grow them gradually to meet their requirements. There is no need to pay for the extra resources unnecessarily.
- The user can opt for semi-managed hosting where the web host is responsible for handling certain maintenance as well as fully managed services.
- VPS allows the user much more control over their virtual server that is allowed in the case of shared hosting. The user has root access as well as the ability to use scripts which is not allowed in the case of the shared hosting environment.
A number of users prefer VPS hosting since it allows them more control over their environment than they get with the shared hosting. VPS hosting is a great way to start and get the experience.